Who can serve?
Men, women, parents, grandparents, teachers, staff and members of the community who are members of the Bay Park PTA ($20.00 annual dues) can serve as an officer or a board member. You do not have to have a student at Bay Park Elementary to serve on the PTA. Good candidates for PTA officers are adults who have willingness to
- Learn what the PTA’s purposes and policies are and to follow them.
- Reflect and embrace diversity of the school community.
- Participate in leadership training programs when necessary.
- Create a climate of support and mutual respect.
- Act in the best interest of PTA and it’s mission of One Voice. Every Child.
- Attend 1 board meeting a month and 3 association meetings for the school year.
What is required financially of a PTA officer?
- The only financial requirement is that all officers are required to be a PTA member. Membership dues are $20/year.
- What about training costs? Workshops are available for some positions at no cost to the volunteer.
- Officers are not expected to incur any out-of-pocket expenses because they follow the PTA budget and work within a budgeted amount. Materials and supplies used during the course of your volunteer service are approved expenses in the PTA budget and you know ahead of time what that approved amount is.
How much time does being a PTA officer require?
- PTA officers must attend 1 Board Meeting per month of the school year they are elected to office. Board meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Board meetings are closed to the public and last between 1 and 1.5 hours. Childcare will not be provided at this time.
- PTA officers must attend 3 PTA Association meetings in the school year they are elected to office. PTA Association meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, and May (dates may change due to holidays). These meetings are open to all PTA members and community members who wish to attend. Each meeting lasts between 1 to 2 hours. Childcare will not be provided at this time.
If you have any questions regarding becoming a nominee for the current school year, please email the PTA President here: email@example.com
BAY PARK PTA MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Bay Park Elementary PTA is to positively impact the lives of BPE children and families by providing fun and educational extracurricular activities that encourage a sense of community and enrich the elementary school experience at our school. We empower our students to be the best they can be in an engaging positive scholastic experience.
BAY PARK ELEMENTARY PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION NOMINATIONS FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR ARE OPEN
BAY PARK PTA – BOARD AND LEADERSHIP ROLES DESCRIPTIONS
For a list of all officer positions and current PTA committee roles and their duties please click on the button below.
Please visit capta.org if you’d like additional information about roles and responsibilities.