Time to nominate next year’s PTA Board and Committee Members!
Time to nominate next year’s PTA Board and Committee Members! The PTA Board governs the PTA Association. They work with the PTA members, school administration and committees to form goals, budgets, and facilitate school activities. They oversee fundraising activities, expenses, and programs within the PTA. Please consider being involved on the board or a committee!
The following are the available Board Positions:
Your Content Goes HerePresident
● Presides at all meetings of the Association and PTA Board and provide agenda for each (1x/month)
● Conducts meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order (PTA Summer Training for this)
● Works closely with Principal Barnes on coordinating PTA events with the school calendar
● Attends all meetings of the Association and the PTA Board
● Keeps accurate records of all meetings of the PTA Association and Board meetings
● Distribute copies of the minutes of all Board/Association meetings to executive board members in a timely fashion and have copies ready to distribute to Association members and the next month’s meeting for approval.
● Manages PTA finances, prepares and presents monthly reports using PTAEZ.
● Writes checks and works with the accountant for taxes.
VP – Hospitality ● Provides refreshments at recognitions and events, principal coffee chats, PTA Association meetings, and teacher appreciation events.
VP – Membership
● Actively works on gaining membership throughout the year.
● Maintains records of all members.
● Facilitates questions from members in regards to what being a member entails.
● Acts as a liaison between members of the Association and the Executive Board.
VP – Programs, Events & Assemblies
● Acts as the liaison between all programs, events, and assemblies on campus and the PTA Board and Association.
● Works closely with event chairs to ensure they are getting the proper support.
● Works with outside vendors to coordinate programs that the PTA funds.
● Coordinates Red-Ribbon Week dates/times with the principal.
● Plans assemblies.
VP – Correspondence ● Oversees correspondence generated by the PTA, acting as the main person of contact when something needs to be published.
● Works closely with the volunteers that take care of the Splash, Konstella, PTA Website, and Facebook.
Auditor ● Audits financial reports by Treasurer 2x a year (January and July).
Can’t commit to a board position, consider volunteering on one of our awesome committees. This is a fun way to be involved in our school, meet other BPE families, and make new life-long friends!
Fundraising Chairpersons – Some of the most important roles which keep those funds coming in!
● Jog-a-thon Chair
● Fall Fundraiser Chair
● Auction Chair – BPE Auction and Gala Event Planning Committee
● Spirit Store Chair – (BPE Swag)
Communications – Help keep parents and students informed.
● Splash Coordinator – Manages and sends email blasts via Constant Contact.
● Webpage Coordinator – Add periodic content updates to the website.
● Konstella Coordinator – Coordinate Bay Park’s Primary Communications, Fundraising, and Volunteer Porthole.
Social and Community Building
● Halloween Carnival Chair
● Valentine’s Family Dance Chair
● Campus Beautification Project Chair ● Variety Show Chair
● Recycle Days Coordinator
● Ice Cream Social Coordinator
● 5th Grade Committee
● Room/Class Parent Liaison
● TK/Kindergarten Liaison
● D.O.G.S (Dads Of Great Students)
● Jr. Theatre Chair
● S.T.E.M Chair
● Garden Chair
● Jr. Achievement Coordinator
● STEAM and Movie Night Coordinator
● Family Reading Night Coordinator
● Stingray Store Coordinator
● Jogging Club Coordinator
● Safety Patrol Coordinator
If you are interested in being involved in the 2022-23 school year or have any questions about the PTA Board positions or committees, please reach out to me at email@example.com or any PTA Board or Committee member. We are all happy to help and to share with you all the amazing things we can accomplish when we work together for the betterment of our school!