Welcome Incoming TK/K Families
Welcome to Bay Park Elementary! August 23, 2019 is the TK/K orientation held in the BPE auditorium from 2-3 pm and we hope you all can make it! If not, this post does contain a lot of information that will be covered and you will get an e-mail tomorrow evening letting you know who your child’s teacher will be.
Your TK/K liaisons BPEkinder@gmail.com (through the PTA), hope to ensure a smooth start of the school year. In the following they provide some information that you might find helpful as you prepare for the upcoming week. Feel free to contact them at throughout the year with any questions you have.
Friday, August 23rd, 2pm TK/Kinder orientation at Bay Park Elementary in the auditorium. Please bring your child to orientation to meet their teacher and see their classroom after the presentation in the auditorium. Parents will also get valuable information about what to expect on the first day of school.
Saturday, August, 24th 10:30-12:30 The final TK/K summer play date at Tecolote Rec Center Park and Playground. 5180 Tecolote Rd, San Diego, CA 92110. This is an all school play date, and start times are staggered by grades. As the morning progresses older kids will be joining us.
Monday, August 26th 9am. First day of School! To begin the year, your child will go directly to their classroom in the morning. Parents are highly encouraged to join Ms. Barnes for the Boo Hoo Breakfast in the auditorium. This is for the PARENTS only (if you have an infant / toddler it is okay for them to attend with you). You will meet Principal Barnes, hear from the PTA and school committee chairs speak about their programs and you get to mingle with the other new parents. Coffee and a light snack will be provided for the parents.
Each school day ends at 3:35 p.m. except Wednesdays which have a 1 pm dismissal.
Required Items – Each School Day:
So in hopes of not making this email crazy long we are going to list a few important things.
· Sneakers for school. No sandals, flips flops or Crocs. Closed toe AND heel please!
· Water bottle with your child’s name labeled.
· Lunch box labeled with name (We will send info on hot lunch that can be purchased at a later time). School is not nut-free but there are some classrooms that are and your teacher will let you know if that’s the case.
· Small snack bag or container labeled with name for morning snack time
· Backpack (Not too big, they need to be able to carry it but large enough for a standard folder to fit)
· Extra change of clothes to keep in their backpack
· The donation wish list is below if you find yourself wanting to buy some shared supplies for the teachers. They would greatly appreciate any donations. You can bring the donations to orientation or during the first few weeks of school.
Finally – You should also be getting your first Stingray Splash email soon. Our school mascot is the Stingray and you will receive weekly emails with great info about what is going on at the school.
The school is open on both Denver and Erie streets, but parking can be tricky so plan to arrive on the first day of school with time to park and walk to the classroom. There is a 3 minute zone on Erie St. for older kids, but TK/K teachers expect kids to be dropped off and picked up outside of the classroom all year.
TK/K Classroom Supply Donation Wish List:
Color Markers (Crayola brand)
Black felt-tip medium point markers (i.e. black Paper Mate medium point markers)
Astro bright copy paper
Cardstock (white and also Astro bright)
Large sidewalk color chalk
Personal headphones for computers
Sandwich, quart, and gallon size Ziploc bags
Painters tape (1 inch or 0.94 inch)
Dry erase markers